Thursday 7 April 2011

The Essentials...

I was giving some thought into 'Kitchen Essentials' and what a cook should have to create good food, (this doesn't include major things like saucepans and roasting tins etc., because everyone should have those), and I came up with my Top 10, which so far contains (in no particular order):
  1. Wooden Spoon
  2. Microplane Grater
  3. Large Mixing Bowl
  4. Balloon Whisk
  5. Decent Knives
  6. Y Shaped Peeler
  7. Tongs
  8. Wooden Cutting Board
  9. Multi-tool Hand Blender
  10. Mortar and Pestle

This list got me thinking about the 'Essentials of Poetry'; what do we need for good poetry? Well, I came up with my Top 10...

  1. Diction
  2. A Title
  3. Euphony (Tempo, Tone)
  4. Rhythm
  5. Rhyme (not necessarily full rhyme, internal or half rhyme should be there somewhere)
  6. Good Line Breaks
  7. Clarity
  8. Imagery
  9. Volta
  10. A Resolution, surrendering to a silence.

Do you agree? What would you add to either list?

No comments:

Post a Comment